Thursday, March 8, 2012

Let's Get Ready {iHeartFaces}

You may look at this photograph and think, “this is not the best looking photo,” but you have no idea how great it made me feel to put a little bit of makeup on my face, roll my hair in rollers and feel girly again.  These past weeks I have been dealing with very difficult issues that I’d rather not get into, let’s make this a happy post.  For the first time in a loooooong time I felt beautiful again. 

I picked this photo out of the group because it was not a posed picture.  One of the best features in my camera is having the interval shooting option, I prefer this a lot over the self-timer or using a remote – a tripod was used too.  I selected to have a few pictures be taken every 5 or 10 seconds so it can capture a candid moment.  After I got myself ready I took photos minus the rollers and wrap but I wasn’t as happy with them as I was with the photos of me getting ready. 



Every woman should feel beautiful with or without the superficial stuff around us.  I realized that letting go and not taking care of my appearance because of how I felt was only making me feel worst.  I took the time to take a look at myself, not just from the outside but also from within and appreciate all the wonderful things I have in my life.  I have a loving little family who supports me, keeps me positive, and reminds me how much I am loved everyday.  We may not always be together but we find a way to make it work - It may not be perfect but I am very grateful because without them these times would be very different.  I am also blessed to have great people around me who look after me very well … you have to be thankful for good friends and a loving family.

-Hizles


Photo Challenge Submission

2 comments:

  1. I like your photo! Thanks for the great message too :) I also like how you chose to do the interval timer to get a candid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this shot!

    Just stopping by from I Heart Faces.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...