Tuesday, July 12, 2011

In a Crafting Mood


I’m back with another post, however, this one isn’t about beauty.  A few days ago I finally gave in and talked myself into thinking I needed a sewing machine.  For a few years now I have been wanted to purchase one so I may hem my own clothes.  Us short folk need to know a good seamstress to alter all things made for normal size people … but back to my justification for my new toy …. Besides the 4 outfits I have already hemmed, I have now started to make other fun little things, one of which is this skeleton man.  

I know of someone who is particularly fond of anything skeleton (see down below) and thought this was a great way to put my new machine to use. 

It all started online, where most things start for me anyway.  I remember a few years back seeing this skeleton doll being made on one of her Halloween shows and thought it was quite darling.  After much search I found the template and video on how to make it.


The whole project took me about 2 hours, this includes sewing in the details such as ribs and face.









This is similar to the sock monkey with small modifications.  I was very happy with the final result and think I will be making more of these kinds of dolls in the future, perhaps not skeletons but definitely sock dolls. 

Last night I thought I would also make a new strap for my camera.  It was so late I didn’t bother taking any photos of the whole process but I will share with you what the final product looks like.



I hope you enjoyed this post and seeing what has been keeping me busy these past few days.  This week I will be working on another strap for my other camera. 

From my crafty mood,

Hizles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...