Monday, November 15, 2010

Palettes and Springs


Here is my update on my makeup organizing ….

This has been in the works for a year now.  I have a few (to say the least) MAC eye shadows that I have to de-pot and load to my palette(s).  This past week I made a trip to Michael’s and purchased magnet strip tape and round labels in the hopes that I would have de-potted all of my eye shadows over the weekend and organize all my shadows.  Boy was I wrong! 

I did however get my one and only MAC palette separator shell removed to make more room for 26 of my already in a pan shadows..  Why fit 15 shadows when you can fit 26 in one single palette.  I was able to put all of my pan shadows in this palette.  Out of all of my eye shadows still in the pot shell, I was able to depot one. The next step is to purchase 3 more palettes and de-pot my eye shadows so they may fit in their new cozy home.  What do you think?  Isn’t it a great idea?




 I searched on YouTube to find the best method in de-potting my shadows.  There are two ways I can tackle the project, use heat to loosen the glue or clip the plastic with wire cutters and a knife.  Both ways are a bit dangerous if you think about it … You can either cut your finger while using the knife or smell the fumes of burning plastic as you wait for the glue to become loose enough lift the pan from the casing.  I opted for the knife and wire cutters, even though I only did one shadow, I was scared that my shadow pan would break my beautiful “Shroom” e/s, there were a few close calls.

Once I get my shadows de-potted I will work on organizing my entire makeup.  @_@

On another note … I found these cute springs and you will never guess what they are used for.  



They are used to keep a bun in place … no, not a bread bun, but a hair style bun.  



This is not how I would normally style my bun but I did want to give you an idea of how it’s used.  All you do is twist your hair around a pony tail and then use two or one of the springs and turn (think about a screw and screwdriver, yeah! Just like that).  And then viola!  You’ve got a bun.  Pretty cool huh, we’ll see how long it is before I lose them.  Heheheheh …

-Hizles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...