Monday, October 18, 2010

Getting Better


I’ve been neglecting this poor little blog these past few days because I have not been feeling so well.

This week I realized I needed to get better at listening to people … not hearing them, but actually listening.  Stop and listen to what people are saying, WITHOUT INTERRUPTING! 

“Hi my name is Hizles and I interrupt.” 

I am guilty of cutting people off, I think it’s just me being eager to let people know, “hey! I know what you mean!”

I suppose the best step in any problem is to acknowledge and accept that you have that problem.  Today I took my first step and actually waited as my inner voice impatiently waited to cut someone off mid sentence.  Oh my gosh was it hard for me but I am proud to say I did it.

These past two weeks have been very educational for me.  I took a hard look at myself to acknowledge what my flaws are … I’m sure I still have many but I recognize that I am not perfect, and will never be.  What defines perfect?  Someone else’s expectations of me? From here going forward, I am this person, with defects, but trying to be better, everyday trying to be better..  Not for someone else but for myself.  It is true that people change but I am trying to change for the better. 

So going forward, I will do my best, my very best, to listen and not just hear … actually listen.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...