Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Back to School

Today was not easy for anyone at my house.  I made sure that I had a back-up to my alarm just in case we slept in, I'm glad I did that because we slept through the first alarm.  I knew that today would be hard for all of us since we had two whole weeks of staying up and waking up late, what do you expect?  Winter Break!

It definitely didn't help that it was way too cold for our norm.  Today's high 57 degrees!  Yup! You read that right, 57 - high.  At the moment it's 54.
 

So cold that I doubt my air-conditioner will even turn itself on.  When you live in a warm climate it's a must to have air conditioning and maintain your home at a descent temperature, 73 works for us.

I'm sure kids today will be fully layered and it was not different in our home.  Surprisingly, we made it out the door on time.  I packed lunch boxes and made breakfast for all of us.  They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day and we agree ...

Homemade multigrain french toast, strawberries, bananas and a glass of chocolate milk.


Breakfast for my sweetheart and me: eggs, avocado, and tomato.  


This should get us started on a good note for the day.  Now off to do my errands since not much gets done while kids are at home.

Hope wherever you are you're warm. Brrrrrr ....

-Hizles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...