Saturday, December 25, 2010

Have a Jolly, Jolly Christmas!

It's the best time of the year!  Yes it is.  I have had such a wonderful day with my little family, opening gifts, watching T.V. and eating lots of food.  Watching children's faces open gifts is probably the best part of gift giving.   Pre-children it wasn't so important to have stockings filled, gifts underneath the tree, ginger bread houses to be made, cookies for jolly St. Nick and food for reindeer.  This year, I had all that and more.  As kids get older, there are different things I need to make sure I do and every year it just keeps getting better.  This year was a close one; I was busted by a little one, gifts were found and explanations were no where to be found.  It was like a deer in headlights.  

Don't worry, this is still a house that believes.  So much so, that this is what I woke up to this morning.  I missed the whole opening process ... I was exhausted this morning and slept through the unwrapping piece.  How I wish I would have captured the moment with a photo.  


There was something for everyone ....


Yes, he loved it!  He even had a stocking with goodies inside.  


And lastly, the aftermath of it all ....


I have everything I want so I didn't ask for any gifts this year.  This year has been a gift in itself.  So many changes and opportunities, we have truly been blessed.  I couldn't ask for anything more.  My sweetheart did have a nice little gift for me though ;) totally unexpected.

I hope everyone's holiday, regardless of what you celebrate, was joyful and surrounded by the loves in your life.  



Next on the calendar ... NEW YEAR!  

-Hizles


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...