Sunday, November 28, 2010

My little treasures in beauty

Hi ... I thought I would share some of my favorite product at the moment.  These are not items I have been using all month but items that I have been using quite a lot.  These are both little inexpensive treasures that I like using.  

First, Maybelline Quad Eye Shadows - Let me start by saying that I have a few more of these shades but have only started using these three in the past few days.  Alone these eye shadows are not very long lasting and can also be a bit chalky when applied, not all the colors, but some.  I find the best way to use these shadows and to make the color last me all day is to use a good primer.  My favorite eye primers are Urban Decay Primer Potion, Two Faced Shadow Insurance, and Painterly Paint Pot from MAC and also, Soft Ochre.  If I apply any of these primers my shadow appears to have more pay off and longer lasting.  Also, I followed the instructions on each of the shadows ... so if the color reads "LID" stamped on the shadow, I would use that for my lid and so forth.  

I would not compare these shadows to MACs or UD but with a good primer you can make these colors work for you.  Don't be intimidated like I was with some of the bright colors because with proper blending you can rock any of the quads.  



Second and last, is the Burt Bee's Citrus Facial Scrub.  YUM! Does this one smell good.  I have had this little tub in my drawer for a few weeks but wasn't too impressed with it the first time I used it.  Keep in mind I did use it during the summer days but now that my face is patchy dry due to the cooling down in temperature, this is doing a good job in clearing out those black heads and keeping my face nice and clean.  I threw the box out and can't remember if it is safe to use it everyday but I certainly have been using it at least 3 times a week ... only at night.



For a while there I was using the aspirin scrub once a week but I so much prefer the smell of citrus than of aspirin, don't you?  

I hope you found this post useful and if you have some beauty treasures that you feel are a must try let me know, I'd love to know them too.

-Hizles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...