Friday, November 26, 2010

Happy (day after) Thanksgiving!!!

This post should perhaps have been up yesterday but with the cooking and the feast I had before me, it was impossible.

I am so thankful for my wonderful little family here with me today and all my other family that is far… and even further.  In these tough times we are grateful to have food on our table, a job that provides that, while there are many that barely have enough to eat on any other day.

… for all those things and more, I am thankful.  I have air in my lungs and we have health.  Thank you god.

Now, to my feast, I wasn’t able to snap a picture of all my dishes because it isn’t easy being the cook and the photographer.  The meal turned out delicious and yes, it was my first Thanksgiving meal cooked all on my own!  The only items I did not make were the apple pie, which my better half kindly popped over to Whole Foods for.

Here are a few if the pictures I was able to get ...

Homemade stuffing

String Beans

Stuffed Turkey

Sweet Potato Casserole

All I missed were the masked potatoes, corn, homemade turkey gravy, cranberry sauce, and pies ... but they were all so yummy!

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

-Hizles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...