Wednesday, September 22, 2010

First Day of fall

It’s hard to believe that with this beautiful weather we had today it was actually the first day of fall.  Hopefully in saying that tomorrow won’t be raining.  I suppose I should start looking at a fall wardrobe rather then wearing my summer gear and flip-flops for the next few months.  It will be interesting to see what the locals wear during the harvest season especially since there is no sign of the weather cooling down.  I can’t wait to start wearing boots, long sleeves, scarves and hats. 

As I mentioned in my last post, this past week was very busy in preparation of my guests arrival and though out their stay.  During this time I did very little, if anything, to my make-up look.  Just days before I headed over to my local Macy’s and took advantage of their gift with purchase deal and got my hands on Estee Lauder’s DayWear Tinted Moisturizer.  I was surprised to find that there is only one color for all skin tones.  The product out of the tube is a pasty green tone that blends seamlessly into the skin leaving no traces of the green tint.  Since I have some rosy areas in my skin (around the nose and mouth) I find that it neutralizes my skin tone and gives me a slightly more even complexion.  Don’t get me wrong, it doesn’t perform miracles, nor am I saying it hides my freckles … it just evens out my skin without looking caked on or greasy.  During this past week I have been using this along with Double Wear powder, also by Estee Lauder (my shade is Shell Beige).  My skin gets use to certain products after constant use and I like to switch it up, alternating is probably a better word for it.  At the moment this is working for those days I need to put it on, powder, define my brows, curl my lashes, then mascara, apply a little bit of blush, and finish off with a soft color lipstick – just to head out the door.  All this and it only takes me 5 minutes.  On days I want to spend a little more time dolling myself up I will apply foundation and a bit of eyeliner.  For the most part I enjoy keeping it easy and letting my imperfections show, it makes it so much easier at night when I’m washing it all off.  The sooner it’s off, the sooner I can get in bed. 



A friend of mine recently reminded me of our younger years when we’d party late and come home and couldn’t wait to hit the pillow.  My friends would always fall asleep with their make-up on, except for me, I was too afraid of wrinkles and all the yucky stuff that would end up on my pillow.  YUK! So no matter how tired or how many cocktails I might have had, I make it A MUST to take off all my makeup before bed.  This rules is still practiced and it’s a darn good one J

Before I say good-bye and hit the pillow, I want to share this picture.  This is me getting some TLC from my little person.  Awwwwwwww.  I even got the Spiderman band-aid, that’s love!  My little person was so worried and insisted that I take care of my cut inflicted by my four-legged friend ….  It’s the little things ….




-Hizles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...